Saturday, July 12, 2008

An Apple Observation

I've been an Apple customer, in one way or another, for nearly half my life now; I purchased my first Macintosh in 1989, and most of the computer gear I have in my apartment is Apple-branded. Because of my experiences, I have to say I don't really 'get' Apple-hate; it seems to me that people who dismiss Apple products as overpriced and overhyped and that deride the Apple culture as elitist and marketing-driven are missing the point.

Here's what I mean.

Folks that know me won't be surprised that I jumped into line late yesterday to pick up a new 3G iPhone. While in line, and awaiting my turn with the one-on-one who'd sell me my new phone, I noticed something:

- A cute girl wearing an Apple T-shirt and smiling at you is attractive.

- A cute girl wearing an Apple T-shirt and offering to let you play a game on her new iPhone is irresistible.

That's why Apple kicks ass.

No comments: